Sunday, May 11, 2008

mother's day

when i woke up this morning at 5:30 to a screaming baby and a stinky diaper that made me throw up because of morning sickness i selfishly thought "this is going to be another lovely mother's day..." and i have to admit, part of me would have traded it for another 3 hours in bed. but as the day progressed thankfully God's grace reminded me every moment how much He has given me. i have the gift of salvation, most importantly. the joy of having a relationship with the Saviour of the world is beyond words. and He has given me a husband who cherishes me and serves me selflessly on a daily basis, who i am thankful to say i love more and more all the time. i have 2 beautiful girls who are used constantly to reveal my heart for what it is, and challenge me to grow daily. a healthy pregnancy so far, at almost 18 weeks. friends who love me enough to confront me when needed, and also walk daily through life with me. and a family who not only lives close, but is close in spirit.

we ended up having a wonderful day, picnicking in downtown woodstock and taking pictures with the whole family...and just enjoying each other's company.





so i am grateful that God changed my whining and complaining attitude to one of thankfulness for His kindness. because without His grace....i could not do anything at 5:30am :)

No comments: